lucinda1985

lucinda1985

True Love Story - Willow Aster 4 – 4.5 STARS Alrighty where do I start. I first had to read Farah’s review, because we’ve been having this discussion and I first had to wait to finish the book. First of all I really have to congratulate the Author, well done for giving us a topic to debate about. At one stage it almost felt like IAN - betrayed me. Haha. At 78% the paw paw hits the fan... did I see it coming SORT OF.Ok this is a friendly warning if you haven’t read this book – do NOT read my review, I repeat: IF YOU HAVEN’T READ THE BOOK DON’T READ MY REVIEW LOL Ok where do I start… I honestly don’t know at this stage WHAT my feelings are about Ian. Did I forgive him. I don’t know. I’m a person that does forgive but trust me I never forget and I think I will hold it against him for the rest of my life. I don’t think I will ever be able to trust him again. Ellelou raised a very good point, and I think I was so heartbroken to see it in the book but he never slept with her while they were engaged. And I had to go back and read that part haha. Thanks for bringing that up, I really did read that he slept with her haha.BUT I feel that he still cheated. But then I feel again. Sparrow knew from the START what his intentions were. While they were apart she could see anybody but when they were together she was his… Ok that is warning bells nr 1… He phones her every second decade warning bell nr 2. If my bf (now hubby) only phoned me every 2months, I would have kicked his arse to the curb a verrrrrrry long time ago. I’m a very strong believer there are MANY fish in the sea. I’m sorry that’s just me. I don’t care how many electrical sparks there is. It just shows, he knows how to work with his hands and the other very important part of his body. There is a very good saying in Afrikaans (my language) that says – “spyt kom te laat” it doesn’t sound as good in English, but translated it means: Regrets come too late. Did he redeem himself? I would say YES. Is it too late? YES. Don’t get me wrong I’m still happy they got their HEA. But was he ever going to tell her? What if it happens again? You cheat once and you get away with it, it makes it more exciting to do it a second time. The letters were very sad and he realized that he really did hurt her and he really loved her. This is my thoughts on the book, don’t get me wrong I loved it. It was in real life I think it would have ended much differently. OMG I just re-read my review and I don’t make any sense AT ALL hahaha. Ok I’m just going to say it – OVER AND OUT!