lucinda1985

lucinda1985

Sins & Needles - Karina Halle 4.5 STARS This is how I looked at the end of this book: Wow wow wow, I didn’t expect this. This book was awesome, it was like a mixture between action and romance. Sometimes it felt like I was watching a tennis match… Just when you think, what else can go wrong BAM it hits you. Who is conning who?? Who is running from who?? The first 41% I thought, Ellie you BIATCH. How can you do that?? And then I was like WTF just happened here??? I didn’t see that coming, yes I’ve read there are twists in the book, but still I didn’t expect that. Cameron was one hottie. Too say they had a pretty messed up childhood would be putting it mildly. They both had their demons and oh dear demons they had. I think Camden needs help, no scrap that. I think BOTH of them needs a Dr. They both have some serious problems. This is very different from my books that I’ve read, I usually just go for the romantic type of books, but I thought it’s time to go for something different, and different it was. I loved the “now” and the “then” (chapters) if gives you insight of what happened years ago. FAVOURITE QUOTES / LINES You’re Ellie F#cking Watt I wrinkled my nose at this profanity. “I didn’t know f#cking was my middle name”“Maybe the past didn’t matter, if you were making a killing in the present. Living well was the best revenge, wasn’t it” “Can you hold my balls for a sec” "I regret my actions but I can’t regret the consequences."“But hell, if a neighbor were to stick their head out their window and see a tattooed god ramming a chick in the neighbor’s backyard all lit by romantic lights, they’d probably watch. I’d watch too” “I don’t see why I can’t go alone,” he said while we ate our All-Bran cereal like the world’s most fucked up married couple” 4 Spoilers – do not read here if you haven’t read the book (It started with 2 spoilers and now I’m at 4 haha) 1. Why on earth didn’t they get rid of their cellphones??? With all this GPS and Tracking stuff these days you can track somebody 2. And why did she have to go to her uncle. I guess Javier would have killed him anyway, but still for her to see it that is just tragic. Don’t think she will ever get over it. 3. I was crying so hard for the last part. That was so sad and Camden’s face. I know she only did what she thought was right. I would’ve have done the same not that I think I will ever become a con artist haha. 4. I wonder how she is going to escape Javier now I cannot WAIT for the second book to come out. If you haven’t read this yet, run get the book and read it soon. It is freaking amazing. Over and out xx••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• Whooohooo I see this is out on Smashwords https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/276504 After "Horsey" I'm reading def this! So excited, the reviews looks awesome :)